activemq-users mailing list archives

From sparky2708 <da...@columbia.edu>
Subject Is my destinationPolicy working [trying to deal with a slow consumer]
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 22:12:54 GMT

I recently put a variant of the following (in my activemq.xml file). When I
start up the broker I don't see any confirmation that a destination policy
has been setup? How can I test or confirm that it has been accepted and it
is working? (I am using activemq 4.1.0)

Here's your sample code:

 <!--  lets define the dispatch policy -->
    <destinationPolicy>
      <policyMap>
        <policyEntries>
            <policyEntry topic="PRICES.>">
            <!--  10 seconds worth -->
            <subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
              <timedSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy recoverDuration="10000" />
            </subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>

            <!-- lets force old messages to be discarded for slow consumers
-->
            <pendingMessageLimitStrategy>
              <constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy limit="10"/>
            </pendingMessageLimitStrategy>
          </policyEntry>
        </policyEntries>
      </policyMap>