activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using http transport from a Perl client
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 12:58:23 GMT
On 29/02/2008, Ramit Arora <ramit.arora@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hey James,
>  Thanks for the prompt reply. I've already tried Stomp for talking to
>  ActiveMQ, & the performance is quite good. I've even modified the Net::Stomp
>  module available on CPAN to handle transactions & the master/slave topology
>  of ActiveMQ.
>  But we want to explore all possible ways for Perl clients to talk to
>  ActiveMQ, as our choice would have organization wide implications. As far as
>  I can tell, the possible mechanisms are Stomp, HTTP & the REST API. Can you
>  suggest which one will be the most suitable in terms of guaranteed message
>  delivery? Raw performance is not really an issue as we are not looking at
>  message rates beyond a few hundred messages per second. And can you point me
>  to some working Perl code using Http transport & REST?

Stomp is my recommended protocol for Perl/PHP/Python/Ruby.

The current REST API is kinda simple & doesn't offer all of the
various things available in STOMP (e.g. transactions, different ack
modes etc).

The HTTP protocol is currently geared more for HTTP tunnelling the JMS
clients through firewalls to an ActiveMQ broker; its not really
designed for ease-of-client-implementation which STOMP has
--
James
-------

Open Source Integration