activemq-users mailing list archives

From Adam Sherman <a...@sherman.ca>
Subject Re: Configuration Confusion
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 15:26:16 GMT
On 11-Mar-08, at 10:01 AM, James Strachan wrote:
>> I have been confused on this list before, but here I am again. :-)
>>
>> I need to configure my brokers to fault-tolerant in a two-node
>> cluster. I'm configuring this directly inside Spring.
>>
>> I believe I need to use some form of auto-discovery, journaled
>> persistence and clustering, but after reading most of the
>> documentation I'm not clear on the exact setup I should be using.
>> Notes:
>
> So for clustering you need master/slave which ensures messages are
> stored on different physical devices to protect against loss
> http://activemq.apache.org/masterslave.html
>
>> - I have shared NAS, if needed
>
> Is that a clustered shared file system? Like a SAN?

It is a clustered NFS share that is reliable as far as I am concerned.

> If so set up a master/slave using Shared File System Master Slave...
> http://activemq.apache.org/shared-file-system-master-slave.html

So a network of brokers sharing the load is not appropriate in my
situation?

Thank you for the quick response,

A.

--
www.sherman.ca

"When the burning husks of your startups warm the last of your bones,
remember I told you so." - Zed