activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: choosing the right value for networkTTL
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:26:48 GMT

On 28 Mar 2008, at 00:36, mgorkani wrote:

> In my test setup i have 3 servers which are using multicast
> discovery to find
> connections for a network of brokers. Each broker has client
> listener for
> topic A. If one of the brokers publishes to the topic, all of them
> should
> get it. Would that be possible with the networkTTL value of 1 or do
> I need
> to set it to 3? Before when i did that, the listeners got into an
> infinite
> loop where they were receiving the same topic message over and over
> again. I
> changed the networkTTL back to 1.
> --

networkTTL = 1 sounds right - unless you use a hierarchical tree
architecture (or a acyclic network structure).
What version are you using ? - We actively prevent messages being sent
to a broker a message has been through before by tagging a message
with its brokerId

cheers,

Rob

http://open.iona.com/ -Enterprise Open Integration