activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Jarrel <g...@jarrel.com.au>
Subject Receipt of Simple Text Message
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 10:39:51 GMT
Hi All!

I've very new to ActiveMQ and my research so far has proven fruitless.

I need to be able to receive simple one line text messages from a remote server. I do not
have any control over this server hence I can not request any changes to the way the data
is sent. The remote server basically connects to my server on an IP address and a port and
sends one line text messages, end of each message is indicated by a new line character. Eg:

01,Sample1,-10

I can not seem to figure out a way to configure an ActiveMQ resource adapter to be able to
handled this scenario. The remote server does not need and/or care whether our servers have
received the message, it's a very simple system on the other end.

I would ideally like to utilize the Active MQ resource adapter to receive these messages and
forward them onto my message bean running inside a Glassfish server. The only important issue
is that the message volumes can be quite high during peak periods, so the resource adapter
needs to be able to queue the messages so that the server does not run out of resources.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Gary