activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bob G." <aerost...@hotmail.com>
Subject Price Update: Using Lots of Topics or implementing 'Dynamic Router' pattern?
Date Sun, 23 Mar 2008 04:01:37 GMT

Hello,

A typical financial system have to broadcast multiple Price updates (20,000
individual ticker) to different client application. Most broker firm use
Tibco RV  pub-sub model to do this kind of job. I read that Tibco use a very
lightweight model to implement Topic/subject.

I would like to know if ActiveMQ can scale to have this kind of setup :

Publishing Price Ticker update in 20,000 different Topics (one topic per
Price Ticker) and have 20 clients application each subscribing to 3000
different topic?

Is using one topic per Ticker the right way to do? (each Ticker are unique,
grouping is not possible)

Should I implement the Enterprise Integration Pattern 'Dynamic Router'  and
managing each individual subscription myself?

Any advise will be welcome

Thank you