activemq-users mailing list archives

From pjagwani <prakash.jagw...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Looking for Sample Code JMS 1.02b
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:48:35 GMT

Here's what I did to get my sample to work.

I put the apache-activemq-4.1.1.jar in front of the Weblogic 8.1 jar and it
seemed to work fine.

For my sample app  I used

http://java.sun.com/products/jms/tutorial/1_3_1-fcs/examples/simple/SimpleQueueSender.java
&
http://java.sun.com/products/jms/tutorial/1_3_1-fcs/examples/simple/SimpleQueueReceiver.java

I had to make the following modification to the code.

1) Set queue name to   "dynamicQueues/SIMPLE.QUEUE"
2) To create the InitialContext using

rather than
           jndiContext = new InitialContext();

I used the following code.
           Hashtable env = new Hashtable();

"org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory");
           env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "tcp://localhost:61616");
           jndiContext=  new InitialContext(env);

3) To Lookup the ConnectionFactory

rather than

queueConnectionFactory = (QueueConnectionFactory)
                jndiContext.lookup("QueueConnectionFactory");

I used the following..
queueConnectionFactory =
(QueueConnectionFactory)jndiContext.lookup("ConnectionFactory");

Thanks!