activemq-users mailing list archives

From ttmdev <joe.fernan...@ttmsolutions.com>
Subject Re: connection initialization order
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 15:04:54 GMT

It is not necessary to start your connection before setting it up (i.e.,
create sessions, listeners, etc.). As a matter fact, the JMS specification
recommends that you start your connection after you've completed your setup.
Here's the statement from the specification.

"It is typical to leave the Connection in stopped mode until setup is
complete. At that point the Connection’s start() method is called and
messages begin arriving at the Connection’s consumers. This setup convention
minimizes any client confusion that may result from asynchronous message
delivery while the client is still in the process of setting itself up."

Joe
Goto www.ttmsolutions.com for a free ActiveMQ user guide