activemq-users mailing list archives

From uma...@comcast.net
Subject Problem with SimpleAuthenticationPlugin
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2008 05:44:09 GMT

I am using ActiveMQ5.0.0 and am using TCP transport with JRE1.6.

I am using a rudimentary form of authentication using SimpleAuthenticationPlugin
as follows:

   <broker xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0" brokerName="localhost" dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/data">
       <plugins>
         <simpleAuthenticationPlugin>
            <users>
                <authenticationUser username="system" password="manager"
                        groups="users,admins"/>
           </users>
        </simpleAuthenticationPlugin>
      </plugins>
     //...

When I start the broker, it aborts with the exception that the username/password is invalid.
I have not event started my client to connect to the broker. What does this error mean?
Is this reporting bad authentication credentials from a client or is it saying that the
configured username/password is unacceptable?

INFO  TransportServerThreadSupport   - Listening for connections at: tcp://thishost:61616
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector openwire Started
WARN  TransportConnection            - Failed to add Connection
java.lang.SecurityException: User name or password is invalid.
        at org.apache.activemq.security.SimpleAuthenticationBroker.addConnection(SimpleAuthenticationBroker.java:52)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.MutableBrokerFilter.addConnection(MutableBrokerFilter.java:91)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.processAddConnection(TransportConnection.java:657)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagedTransportConnection.processAddConnection(ManagedTransportConnection.java:86)

Regards

/Ur