activemq-users mailing list archives

From Johann Ungerer <Joha...@pyrogenesis.co.za>
Subject RE: JBoss Messaging Stomp Configuration
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 08:18:03 GMT
Hi Rob,

Unfortunately the choice of messaging platform is not in my control, so I have to go with
one of the STOMP integration methods. I guess first prize will be StompConnect, but I'm struggling
a little to make out head or tail of the process.

I saw an article on ActiveMQ integration and tried the same strategy with the Stomp connect
class, by creating a stomp-ds.xml in the deploy directory. However, I'm getting the following
exception: org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Class does not expose a management interface:
java.lang.Object; - nested throwable: (javax.management.NotCompliantMBeanException: Class
does not expose a management interface: java.lang.Object)

I've traced that to the point where I now need to create some form of xmbean-dd file, but
before I continue down that road, can you confirm that I'm on the right track here, or am
I missing something simple and obvious?

Thanks again,
j/

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Davies [mailto:rajdavies@gmail.com]
Sent: 26 February 2008 10:04
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: JBoss Messaging Stomp Configuration

On 25 Feb 2008, at 21:06, Johann Ungerer wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm totally new to the entire JMS environment, but am trying to
> connect a .NET Client to a JBOSS Messaging implementation. Thus far
> I've tried with the NMS client, using an OpenWire connector, but I
> figure this will never work.
>
> It's been recommended that I use a STOMP connector, but can't quite
> get either my JBOSS Server configured to listen on STOMP, or get
> STOMP to talk to the JBOSS.
>
> Has anyone tried to make a C# client talk to JBOSS and if so, please
> provide some guidance on what I need to do in order to achieve this.
>
> TIA,
> j/

ActiveMQ is both client and sever side implementation  - JBoss
messaging doesn't use openwire - or know about STOMP. So either:

use ActiveMQ with the NMS client  - and use ActiveMQ instead of JBoss
messaging (best option ;)

or

use STOMP with Stomp Connect - configure that to bridge to JBoss
messaging

or

use ActiveMQ with stomp client and bridge to JBoss messaging

or

use NMS client with ActiveMQ and connect to JBoss messaging

cheers,

Rob