activemq-users mailing list archives

From Johann Ungerer <>
Subject RE: JBoss Messaging Stomp Configuration
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 08:18:03 GMT
Hi Rob,

Unfortunately the choice of messaging platform is not in my control, so I have to go with
one of the STOMP integration methods. I guess first prize will be StompConnect, but I'm struggling
a little to make out head or tail of the process.

I saw an article on ActiveMQ integration and tried the same strategy with the Stomp connect
class, by creating a stomp-ds.xml in the deploy directory. However, I'm getting the following
exception: org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Class does not expose a management interface:
java.lang.Object; - nested throwable: ( Class
does not expose a management interface: java.lang.Object)

I've traced that to the point where I now need to create some form of xmbean-dd file, but
before I continue down that road, can you confirm that I'm on the right track here, or am
I missing something simple and obvious?

Thanks again,

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Davies []
Sent: 26 February 2008 10:04
Subject: Re: JBoss Messaging Stomp Configuration

On 25 Feb 2008, at 21:06, Johann Ungerer wrote:

> Hi All,
> I'm totally new to the entire JMS environment, but am trying to
> connect a .NET Client to a JBOSS Messaging implementation. Thus far
> I've tried with the NMS client, using an OpenWire connector, but I
> figure this will never work.
> It's been recommended that I use a STOMP connector, but can't quite
> get either my JBOSS Server configured to listen on STOMP, or get
> STOMP to talk to the JBOSS.
> Has anyone tried to make a C# client talk to JBOSS and if so, please
> provide some guidance on what I need to do in order to achieve this.
> TIA,
> j/

ActiveMQ is both client and sever side implementation  - JBoss
messaging doesn't use openwire - or know about STOMP. So either:

use ActiveMQ with the NMS client  - and use ActiveMQ instead of JBoss
messaging (best option ;)

use STOMP with Stomp Connect - configure that to bridge to JBoss

use ActiveMQ with stomp client and bridge to JBoss messaging

use NMS client with ActiveMQ and connect to JBoss messaging

View raw message