activemq-users mailing list archives

From Johann Ungerer <Joha...@pyrogenesis.co.za>
Subject RE: JBoss Messaging Stomp Configuration
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 04:54:31 GMT
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply. I've pretty much gotten that far. The trick I'm not able to sort out
on my own is actually configuring STOMPConnect to bridge to JBM. The documentation is a little
patchy, I'm not sure which configs to touch, would I run STOMPConnect as a stand-alone product,
or can I use the "Injection Dependency" mentioned in the docs? I'm comfortable that I'll sort
the client out, it's the server and bridge config that I'm not too sure of.

TIA,
j/

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Gomes [mailto:e.semog@gmail.com]
Sent: 25 February 2008 23:50
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: JBoss Messaging Stomp Configuration

Hi Johann,

To get the NMS client to talk the stomp protocol, you will need to set your
connection string in one of the following formats.  Either is acceptable, so
it's up to you which one you prefer.

activemq:tcp://jbosssrvr:61613?transport.wireformat=stomp
      OR
activemq:stomp://jbosssrvr:61613

The port 61613 is the port that ActiveMQ listens on for STOMP protocol
messages.  You will need to set the correct port entry for the JBOSS
Messaging broker.  If JBOSS Messaging does not support STOMP natively, you
may need to use the STOMPConnect product to bridge between your client and
JBOSS Messaging.

Good Luck,
Jim