activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regarding Store and Forward: Network of Brokers
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 22:58:18 GMT
On Feb 13, 2008 3:34 PM, GeekPro <kish_897@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Here is the uri
>
> I am using 2 different IP addresses
>
> uri = "static:(tcp://10.0.0.1:61616,tcp://10.0.0.2:62626)"
>
> tcp://10.0.0.1:61616 -- Broker1
> tcp://10.0.0.2:62626 --  Broker 2

OK, two things:

1) You don't want broker1 pointing at itself; that's pointless
2) Using multiple broker addresses means it will *randomly* connect to
*one* of the others

Let's say you have three brokers, you'd need to connect them in a
linear topology or a mesh topology.

Linear:
brokerA <--> brokerB <--> brokerC

Mesh:
where every broker points to every other broker

> Also here I have one more question do the transportConnector uri should be
> different from the networkConnector uri because I am using the same as
> mentioned address for both broker1 and broker2.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you are using the same
mentioned address for both broker1 and broker2. Please clarify this.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/