activemq-users mailing list archives

From Ben Chobot <bcho...@vigilos.com>
Subject Re: Performance issue for ActiveMQ Server
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:16:18 GMT
Well, I'm just starting to play with ActiveMQ myself, but just as a
datapoint, I found that when writing every durable message to disk using
the default Kaha store in 5.0, I maxed out at transferring a whopping 14
40KB msgs/s. That's using a single, low-performance 7200RPM drive
without write caching. That's slow, but it's also safe, and it's
probably going to be fast enough for us.

If anybody has any hints on how to make things go faster while still
being safe, I'd love to hear them.