activemq-users mailing list archives

From Ben Chobot <bcho...@vigilos.com>
Subject Re: Performance issue for ActiveMQ Server
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 19:52:00 GMT
It sounds like you don't have a very firm grasp on what's going on,
under the covers. If you need persistence, have you tried pulling the
power cord from your server and verifying you haven't lost messages? If
you don't care, why do you need persistence? :)

I suspect that what might be happening is that your writes are going
very fast because they're going into a write buffer somewhere along the
line. Your reads are not going so fast, because what you're trying to
read has left the buffer and now has to come off disk, and your disk
isn't very fast.