activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jason Dixon <jdi...@omniti.com>
Subject Synchronization of MasterSlave
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 20:09:42 GMT
We're testing ActiveMQ 5.1 with some php/stomp clients and java
consumers.  We noticed that messages consumed and deleted off the
Master broker aren't purged off the Slave broker.  When I first read
the MasterSlave documentation, I read the following passage and
assumed it to be referring only to the manual recovery process, given
the context.  But after seeing this behavior, I can't help but wonder
if MasterSlave is "broken" in that it doesn't truly synchronize the
Slave broker while the Master is still active.

"There is no automatic synchronization between brokers. This is a
manual process."

Can someone clarify this behavior?  Is there a way to enforce that
deletions are on the Master broker are removed from the Slave as well?

Thanks,

---
Jason Dixon
OmniTI Computer Consulting, Inc.