activemq-users mailing list archives

From rd7 <>
Subject ActiveMQ failover question
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:57:46 GMT

  We are using ActiveMQ 4.1.1 and are in the process of testing failover (we
have only tested client failover so far).

  We have 2 servers (host 1 & host2), each with 1 broker and 2 publishers
each.  So, the 2 publishers that are on host1 send messages to the broker on
host1 and use host2 as failover, and vice versa for host2.

 There are 2 clients, each of which are deployed on different servers.
Client 1 connects to host1 first (with host2 as failover) and vice-versa for
client 2.

  If the broker on host1 goes down, the publishers on host1 and client1 will
failover to host2.  If the broker on host1 comes back up, is there a way for
the publishers on host1 and client1 to revert back automatically to using
the broker on host1 again?

Here is the example of our URL:

Thanks for your help.