activemq-users mailing list archives

From ttmdev <joe.fernan...@ttmsolutions.com>
Subject Re: Exclusive Lock on a JMS Queue
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 20:33:47 GMT

I think the exclusive consumer feature should do the trick for you. If you
introduce an exclusive consumer to an existing cluster of non-exclusive
consumers, the exclusive consumer will gain control of the corresponding
destination and the non-exclusives are locked out. When the exclusive
consumer goes away, the non-exclusives resume competing w/one another for
messages.

Joe
www.ttmsolutions.com