activemq-users mailing list archives

From zaoliu <zao...@gmail.com>
Subject Performance issue for ActiveMQ Server
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 18:20:44 GMT

I am tuning the performance of ActiveMQ broker for Queue by using three
separate machines as producer, consumer and server. I got pretty good
throughput for non persistent messages, approximate 20000 msgs/s. For
persistent messages, approximate 4000 megs/s. But when I tested for message
store of the server by using persistent messages, the result is unexpected.
First I use the producer to send the messages to the server and no consumer
yet, so the messages will write to the server message store. The ave rate
for it is 3500/s. And then I stopped the producer and started the consumer
to consume messages. The ave time for consume messages is 50 msgs/s and I
found the rate is keeping going down with time.

Any comments or suggestions?