activemq-users mailing list archives

From Mark Chaimungkalanont <m...@atlassian.com>
Subject Exclusive Lock on a JMS Queue
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 07:45:07 GMT

Folks,

We have a task that means that a single process must have exclusive access
to the queue for a given period of time. The queue normally would have
multiple non-exclusive consumers.

Basically I want semantics that close to the Java synchronization semantics,
so I acquire a "lock" at which point the queue cannot be consumed by any
other processes. Then when I finish, release the lock and allow other
consumers to consume from the queue normally.

It sounds like this may may be possible through
http://activemq.apache.org/exclusive-consumer.html Exclusive Consumers  but
I'm not sure... Is there any in-built mechanisms for this in ActiveMQ? Or
any kind of workaround?

Cheers,

Mark C