activemq-users mailing list archives

From GeekPro <>
Subject Re: Regarding Store and Forward: Network of Brokers
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 01:02:20 GMT

bsnyder wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 5:42 PM, GeekPro <> wrote:
>>  FYI-- I am using hermes tool along with ActiveMQ for producing and
>> consuming
>>  messages.
>>  YES I am using Topics but I didn't get the messages on both the
>> listeners (I
>>  got it only on one)
> This is possible because the functionality of the failover://
> composite transport is to connect to a single broker in the list at
> random. And if the brokers are not configured to talk to one another
> via the network connector configuration, then messages may not flow
> the way you want.
>>  Yes I am interested in failover -(Subscriber) and also (Producer)
>>  Below is the code which I am using on the Client side for producing and
>>  consuming messages
>>  Note: I am using different IP address
>>  Producer : failover://(tcp://,tcp://
>>  Subscriber: failover://(tcp://,tcp://
>>  Lets say when we produce the message it went to 62626.
>>  But when we consume with the uri mentioned above I am not getting the
>>  message.
>>  Please tell me whether its a conf problem or my assumption is wrong.
> I can't say for sure without knowing how the network connectors are
> configured in each broker. They will need to point at one another for
> broker-to-broker communication so that the store-and-forward
> functionality works the way you want it to. The other thing that I
> touched on before is that there is no point in having a broker point
> to itself. So if you are only using two brokers, you only need to
> point at the other broker via the network connector configuration
> using the static:// composite transport.
> I just tested this using two brokers, each pointing at the other via
> the network connector configuration in each broker using the static://
> composite transport. Then I ran the consumer using the following
> command:
> $ ant consumer -Dtopic=true
> -Durl="failover://(tcp://localhost:61611,tcp://localhost:61612)"
> And then I ran the producer using the following command:
> $ ant producer -Dtopic=true
> -Durl="failover://(tcp://localhost:61611,tcp://localhost:61612)"
> The consumer connected to 61611 and waited for 10 messages. The
> producer connected to 61612 and sent 10 messages and shut down. The
> consumer that was connected to 61611 then received 10 messages and
> shut down.
> I think your configuration is not set correctly for the
> broker-to-broker configuration.
> Bruce
> --
> perl -e 'print
> );'
> Apache ActiveMQ -
> Apache Camel -
> Apache ServiceMix -
> Apache Geronimo -
> Blog:

Thanku so much...
Finally I configured with 2 brokers pointing each other
A->b and b->A
It worked fine.

When I configured with 4 brokers with mesh top'lgy
a->b , c , d.
b-> a , c , d
c-> a, b , d
d-> a, b, c

It didn't worked when the brokers in the network are more than 2. If there
is anything else I need to do please let me know