activemq-users mailing list archives

From Sven Panko <>
Subject redeliveryCounter not updated correctly using ActiveMQ 5.0.0
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 13:32:29 GMT

Hi all,

I am having a problem with redelivery of messages after transaction
rollback. I am using XA in combination with Springs
DefaultMessageListenerContainer and have a simple test case in which the
MessageListener throws an IllegalStateException which triggers a transaction
rollback. After that, the message is redelivered, but unfortunately not as
many times as my redelivery policy specifies. I am using the following

- maximumRedeliveries=3
- initialRedeliveryDelay=10

If I am not mistaken this means I should receive the message 4 times (once
initially and then three times redelivered), but I only get it three times.
When I log the messages I receive prior to throwing an ISE, I see the
following "inconsistency" with the redeliveryCounter: the initial message as
a counter value of 0, the first redelivery message has a counter value of 2
and the second redelivery message has a counter value of 4. After that, I do
not receive an additional message. Am I loosing messages or is the counter
not updated correctly?