activemq-users mailing list archives

From GeekPro <kish_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Regarding Store and Forward: Network of Brokers
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 23:17:09 GMT

bsnyder wrote:

> On Feb 13, 2008 3:34 PM, GeekPro <kish_897@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Here is the uri
>>
>> I am using 2 different IP addresses
>>
>> uri = "static:(tcp://10.0.0.1:61616,tcp://10.0.0.2:62626)"
>>
>> tcp://10.0.0.1:61616 -- Broker1
>> tcp://10.0.0.2:62626 --  Broker 2
>
> OK, two things:
>
> 1) You don't want broker1 pointing at itself; that's pointless
> 2) Using multiple broker addresses means it will *randomly* connect to
> *one* of the others
>
> Let's say you have three brokers, you'd need to connect them in a
> linear topology or a mesh topology.
>
> Linear:
> brokerA <--> brokerB <--> brokerC
>
> Mesh:
> where every broker points to every other broker
>
>> Also here I have one more question do the transportConnector uri should
>> be
>> different from the networkConnector uri because I am using the same as
>> mentioned address for both broker1 and broker2.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean when you say you are using the same
> mentioned address for both broker1 and broker2. Please clarify this.
>
> Bruce
> --
> perl -e 'print
> );'

> Apache Geronimo - http://geronimo.apache.org/
>
> Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

I mean the transportConnector Address..NeverMind I am clear in this but
comming to our networkConnector

In broker1 the network Connector  will have the

uri = "static:(tcp://10.0.0.2:62626)"

In broker2 the network Connector  will have th

uri = "static:(tcp://10.0.0.2:61616)"

Step 1:
So from the Subscriber I had 2 instances one is listening to 61616 and the
other with 62626(with out failover protocol)

Here in step1 if the 61616 gets the message then listener with 62626 is not
getting the messagep

Step2 :

I have one more instance  which is listening to both 61616 and 62626 (with
failover protocol)

Here if the message goes to 62626 then the listener can't get the message in
the failover I mentioned 61616 address as the first arg.

It wud b grt if u can help me in this reg

Thanks For all ur help
Gi