activemq-users mailing list archives

From GeekPro <>
Subject Re: Regarding Store and Forward: Network of Brokers
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 22:09:05 GMT

bsnyder wrote:
> On Feb 13, 2008 2:30 PM, GeekPro <> wrote:
>> Thanqs alot for the quick response. Actually I am new to ActiveMQ I was
>> not
>> aware of the ttl config can you tell where exactly in the activemq.xml do
>> need to do what I shud do (Ex: 6 brokers in the network)
> The networkTTL option is documented on the Network of Brokers pages on
> the ActiveMQ website:
> This option is configured on the network connector (the network
> connector is for broker-to-broker communications).
>> So according to you if we can configure accordingly we can publish to one
>> broker and if the broker to which we sent is up still that broker will
>> forward the messages to other brokers in the network. If I am wrong pls
>> correct me because i.e our main requirement so that if any message is
>> published to one broker we can connect all the other brokers with
>> seperate
>> client and consume the same message.
> Yes, that is exactly how store-and-forward works in ActiveMQ. However,
> messages will not traverse the broker network correctly without the
> networkTTL set to the number of hops messages need to make.
> Bruce
> --
> perl -e 'print
> );'
> Apache ActiveMQ -
> Apache Camel -
> Apache ServiceMix -
> Apache Geronimo -
> Blog:

Thanqs for the info..
I configured the broker1 networkConnector as shown below

<networkConnector  name="x"
                            networkTTL = "2"
                            uri="broker1,broker2 addresses" />

when I am listening to broker1 and broker 2 seperate client. I was able to
get the msg from broker1 and from broker2 I am not getting any msg.

Pls tell me if any other elements I need to include. I appreciate your help