activemq-users mailing list archives

From phb <>
Subject interconnecting dbus and activemq
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 14:07:50 GMT

We're looking for a new interprocess communication mecanism for the
applications we develop on Linux (today we use a mix of techniques from UNIX
IPC to sockets and pipes)

A good candidate for us is dbus, which is available from the Qt API we're
working with. We're also considering ActiveMQ for the access to application
servers it brings.

Could you help us make up our mind :
- isn't ActiveMQ a bit heavyweight for local IPC communication (99% of our
current needs) ?
- how does interconnectiong dbus and activemq seem to you ?

Thank you for your help