activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From panu <panu.phinjaroep...@team.telstra.com>
Subject Limited Memory Usage for Embedded Broker
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 11:46:40 GMT

Hi Guys,

I have coded an embedded broker following the example given with ActiveMQ.
However, I noticed that the maximum memory usage is always 30198988 bytes,
even if I called setSystemUsage() (I also called setProducerSystemUsage()
and setConsumerSystemUsage()). 

The effect of this is that when the memory hits the limit, as I run a client
to send a number of messages into a queue, the client just hangs (which is
quite reasonable giving that there is no space left). However, subsequent
calls from other clients to send messages to any queue/topic result in
messages lost (note that the calls return successfully). I also noticed that
the broker gets confused about the current number of messages in the
queue/topic -- I use broker.getDestinationMap() and go through each
destination to get the number of messages at intervals. At some point, I
have 100 messages left in a topic!

I use ActiveMQ release 5.0.0 and a simple stomp client. The example of
embedded broker released with ActiveMQ should be able to demonstrate the
memory usage limit mentioned above.

If anybody has any suggestion/solution, please do.

Regards,
Panu
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Limited-Memory-Usage-for-Embedded-Broker-tp15353801s2354p15353801.html
Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message