activemq-users mailing list archives

From pangupta <pankaj.r.gu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting Authentication in Active MQ
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 14:21:36 GMT

Hi Dejan Thanks a lot for quick response. I have already gone through this
article. But could not get much.Earlier i have worked on jms with weblogic .
There we can directly create a user using the ui. I was looking for
something similar in ActiveMQ.Further this article does not tells us the
difference between the two users. One which is used for
ActiveMQConnectionFactory and the other one for createQueueConnection.
Regards
pankaj
take a look at this article

http://activemq.apache.org/security.html

--
Dejan Bosanac
www.scriptinginjava.net

On Feb 7, 2008 1:39 PM, pangupta <pankaj.r.gupta@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All
>      I am implementing JMS using NON-JNDI connectivity . Now i want to
> test
> it with ActiveMQ server. I have one query here. In the following piece of
> code
> ActiveMQConnectionFactory connectionFactory = new
> ActiveMQConnectionFactory(user, password, url);
> where do we set the user and password for the connection Factory on the
> active mq server. By default it works fine and takes some DEFAULT USERID
> and
> PASSWORD. But if i need to create new user and grant him rights , how can
> achieve this.
>     There is one more thing. When i create a queueConnection
>      connectionfactory.createQueueConnection(usr,pwd);
> How is this usr different from the first one. ? Using JNDI i know the
> first
> credentials and principals are used to authenticate JNDI and the other
> params are for further authentication of the connection and queues.
> Does anyone worked on it earlier?
> Thanks
> pankaj
> --