activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jason Rosenberg <jrosenb...@shopzilla.com>
Subject Efficiency of CompositeDestinations From Producer standpoint
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2008 21:17:48 GMT

Hello,

I am interested in looking at using the Composite Destinations feature to
send messages simultaneously to multiple queues.

I'm wondering if sending will likely be any slower from the producer's
standpoint, than sending to a single queue?  Does the broker send the
message to both queues before returning a response to the producer?

Also, does the broker store duplicate copies of messages sent to composite
destinations?  I'm guessing that it does, storing a separate copy of each
message for each queue.  Is that right?

I am using persistent messaging with AMQ 5.1, using the AMQPersistence
default setting.

Jason