activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Could not connect to broker URL:
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 06:52:22 GMT

On 17 Feb 2008, at 01:45, Bijou wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are getting the following error message. Could this be a
> permissions
> issue? The broker is on a Unix box, in a WebSphere environment. It
> has been
> working in the  past, so we are not sure what is going on now.
>
> Could not connect to broker URL: tcp://eagle4c:61616?
> socket.tcpNoDelay=true.
> Reason: java.net.ConnectException: A remote host refused an attempted
> connect operation
>
> Thanks,
> Bijou
> --

Hi Bijou,

there could be a number of reasons for this - are you sure the broker
is running ? - is there a firewall in the way that might have been
configured differently now ? etc, etc
I'd try telnet to the port the broker is on - just to see if its up
and you have access to it first

cheers,

Rob

http://open.iona.com/ -Enterprise Open Integration