activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMS Client with JRE 1.2.2
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:54:18 GMT
On 26/01/2008, Juergen Mayrbaeurl <j.mayrbaeurl@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Thanks. I think writing a simple STOMP client would be the best way.
> Unfortunately we're currently using ObjectMessages. Do we have to convert
> the messaging to TextMessages? Does ActiveMQ convert ObjectMessages
> automatically to TextMessages?

Stomp can support payloads of any type. The default is text with a
zero byte to terminate the payload - but you can add a content-type
and content-length headers to send any kind of binary message.

See
http://stomp.codehaus.org/Protocol
http://stomp.codehaus.org/Stomp+JMS

It'd be good to develop the lightweight STOMP client as part of the
ActiveMQ project - then we can add test cases to ensure that the
lightweight STOMP client and the broker work nicely together. Do you
fancy contributing your code?
--
James
-------