activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Got minus one from a read call
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:04:09 GMT
On 10/01/2008, activemqnewbie <acquaj29@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> When I am executing a bulk load of data to Oracle, I intermittently
> receive the following. Activemq publlishes 300 messages before
> failing. If I run it again it may fail after publishing200 messages .

What is the failure message?

> Has
> anyone seen this before?  It appears that it is failing to create a
> connection pool.

The default connection pool doesn't have a connection limit. If you're
oracle does have a limited number of connections, try setting the
maximum number of connections to use.

    <property name="maxActive" value="200"/>

FWIW the activemq.xml thats shipped in 5.1 and later has this setting
so its easy to cut n paste etc.

--
James
-------