activemq-users mailing list archives

From Viktor Matić <vik...@inge-mark.hr>
Subject Is bidirectional bridging of two brokers possible?
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:13:41 GMT
Hi,

I have installed two brokers (ActiveMQ 4.x)  on which producers are
creating queues with identical names. At some point I need to
interconnect these two brokers to enable message flow between them. My
idea is to create a queue in the first one eq. out1.queue which is
bridged to the other message broker and named eg. in2.queue. This can
be easily done with bridging and everything works as it should. I also
need to send messages in opposite direction, from second broker to the
first one. I have tried to use same approach to solve this but I have
failed. Logically, problem arise while trying to start message brokers
because first one started complains with exception Could not connect
to broker URL: tcp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.

I have read posts that suggests using network of brokers to resolve
situations described above. But as I can understand in that case all
queues propagate through whole network of brokers. Which in my case
would lead to queue name collision since these to brokers contain
queues with same names.

I am new to JMS technology so my apologies if I am asking to simple
question.

What is best approach to bidirectionally interconnect to brokers?

Viktor