activemq-users mailing list archives

From David Sitsky <s...@nuix.com>
Subject Using FilePendingQueueMessageStoragePolicy for non-persistent messaging
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 05:23:07 GMT
Hi,

I want to use FilePendingQueueMessageStoragePolicy in my application
since I don't use persistent messaging, but I don't want to be limited
by memory as to the number of queued messages that are outstanding,
which for my application might be very large, depending on the data
being processed.

I did a search, but couldn't find much in the way of setting this up.
My current code looks roughly follows, and appears to work, but I wanted
to check with the activemq developers - is it safe/recommended to do this?

Store tmpStore = new KahaStore(tmpStoreDir, "rw");
broker.setTempDataStore(tmpStore);
List<PolicyEntry> policyEntries = new ArrayList<PolicyEntry>();
PolicyEntry entry = new PolicyEntry();
entry.setPendingQueuePolicy(new FilePendingQueueMessageStoragePolicy());
entry.setQueue(WORKER_ITEMS_QUEUE_NAME);
entry.setMemoryLimit(BROKER_MEMORY_LIMIT / 2);
policyEntries.add(entry);
PolicyMap policyMap = new PolicyMap();
policyMap.setPolicyEntries(policyEntries);
broker.setDestinationPolicy(policyMap);

--
Cheers,
David