activemq-users mailing list archives

From cmagoyrk <Clayton.Magou...@hilton.com>
Subject Stomp Client
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:17:00 GMT

I am using ActiveMQ version 5.0.0 . I create a stomp producer and add
messages to a queue (does not matter if the messages are added as persistent
or not, same behavior).  I create a consumer to read from that queue.  Once
the consumer begins to read, the producer is slowed down drastically ( from
300 msgs/sec to like 10 msgs/sec).  I have turned producer flow control off
(policyEntry is shown below).

<policyEntry queue=">" producerFlowControl="false">
  <dispatchPolicy>
    <strictOrderDispatchPolicy/>
  </dispatchPolicy>
  <subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
    <lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy/>
  </subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
</policyEntry>

Any ideas on why this is a problem?  It is making queues basically unusable.