activemq-users mailing list archives

From brian12 <br...@sensis.com>
Subject Data logging with AMQ message store?
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:56:05 GMT

I have a need to log all messages to all topics that pass through a
particular broker for offline analysis.  I can write a client that
subscribes to all the topics, and dumps the data to disk.  However, I'd
rather use something that's built-in to ActiveMQ if it's available.  I was
looking at the AMQ Message Store, and it seems to have an archive option.  I
tried setting it up, and see files being generated in the journal directory
and kr-store directory, but nothing gets dumped into the archive directory.

So, my first question is, will the AMQ Message Store allow me to essentially
log every JMS message that comes through the broker?  And, are the files in
a format that is easily readable?

If so, any ideas why the data wouldn't be written to the archive?  Here's
the relevant XML in my configuration.

    <persistenceAdapter>
        <amqPersistenceAdapter directory="${activemq.base}/activemq-data"
maxFileLength="1mb" archiveDataLogs="true"/>
    </persistenceAdapter>

I've tried other properties for the AMQ message store, but still no files
are ever written to the activemq-data/archive directory.

Thanks!
- Brian