activemq-users mailing list archives

From DominicTulley <dominic.tul...@telelogic.com>
Subject CMS does not correctly support prefetchSize=0
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:15:47 GMT

AMQ-850 introduced the ability to set the message prefetch size to 0.  This
appears to all work correctly with a java client (using a synchronous
consumer) but using the C++ client libraries, it does not work.
Instead, what we see is that messages are never consumed from the queue and
the client sits idle.

We are using AUTO_ACK mode (which worked in the java client) and a non
transactional queue.

Is this broken, or am I missing some subtlety that is required?
>From the discussion in AMQ-850 it appears quite an intricate issue...

Thanks,

-Dominic