activemq-users mailing list archives

From Yohan Liyanage <yohanliyan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is bidirectional bridging of two brokers possible?
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2008 05:27:46 GMT

vmatic wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed two brokers (ActiveMQ 4.x)  on which producers are
> creating queues with identical names. At some point I need to
> interconnect these two brokers to enable message flow between them. My
> idea is to create a queue in the first one eq. out1.queue which is
> bridged to the other message broker and named eg. in2.queue. This can
> be easily done with bridging and everything works as it should. I also
> need to send messages in opposite direction, from second broker to the
> first one. I have tried to use same approach to solve this but I have
> failed. Logically, problem arise while trying to start message brokers
> because first one started complains with exception Could not connect
> to broker URL: tcp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
>
> I have read posts that suggests using network of brokers to resolve
> situations described above. But as I can understand in that case all
> queues propagate through whole network of brokers. Which in my case
> would lead to queue name collision since these to brokers contain
> queues with same names.
>
> I am new to JMS technology so my apologies if I am asking to simple
> question.
>
> What is best approach to bidirectionally interconnect to brokers?
>
> Viktor

ActiveMQ 5 supports bidirectional messaging.

"From version 5.x of ActiveMQ, a network connection can be optionally
enabled to be duplex, which can be useful for hub and spoke architectures,
where the hub is behind a firewall etc."
- ActiveMQ Web Site

All you got to do is to set the "duplex" property of "networkConnector" to
true.