activemq-users mailing list archives

From DavidShaw <david.p.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Publish and Subscribe
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 19:51:36 GMT

I've been looking at creating a topic that would support "publish and
subscribe".  To be specific, I want to create a topic, and when I send a
given message to it, multiple consumers that subsequently pull from the JMS
will get that message, one copy per consumer.

Client 1 subscribes to queue X
Client 2 subscribes to queue X

Publisher 1 pushes message A to X
Publisher 2 pushes message B to X

Client 1 pulls, gets message A
Client 1 pulls, gets message B
Client 2 pulls, gets message A
Client 2 pulls, gets message B

I looked at this page:
http://activemq.apache.org/virtual-destinations.html

but I don't really see if I can solve this problem using it.  I can think of
a workaround, but is it possible to do exactly the user story I described
above?

Thanks, I'm still trying to figure this out, but I think it will work for me
if I can.