activemq-users mailing list archives

From thammoud <thamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject ActiveMQ 4.1.1 Always Serializes Object Messages
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2008 22:55:02 GMT

Hello,

We are trying to avoid the serialization overhead when using the vm://
embedded broker. We set the setObjectMessageSerializationDefered(true)
and setCopyMessageOnSend(false) options on the connection
factory. ActiveMQ still serializes in the

The following code in ActionMQConnection shows the problem:

ActiveMQDispatcher dispatcher = dispatchers.get(md.getConsumerId());
                        if (dispatcher != null) {
                            // Copy in case a embedded broker is dispatching
via
                            // vm://
                            // md.getMessage() == null to signal end of
queue
                            // browse.
                            Message msg = md.getMessage();
                            if (msg != null) {
                                msg = msg.copy();  <============ A blind
copy without checking the copy flag.
                                msg.setReadOnlyBody(true);
                                msg.setReadOnlyProperties(true);

msg.setRedeliveryCounter(md.getRedeliveryCounter());
                                msg.setConnection(ActiveMQConnection.this);
                                md.setMessage(msg);
                            }
                            dispatcher.dispatch(md);
                        }

We are using 4.1.1. Looked at svn and 5.x has the same issue. Any help will
be greatly appreciated.

Tarek Hammoud
Enfusion Systems.