activemq-users mailing list archives

From "joe.stapleton" <joe.staple...@betfair.com>
Subject Re: AdvisoryBroker consumerCount incorrect
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:47:22 GMT

rajdavies wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> this looks like an issue - will look at fixing
>
> thanks,
>
> Rob

In the mean time i'm going to try and use jmx to determine when a queue has
no subscribers. Now we are running a multiple brokers. Connecting to an
individual broker the consumerCount on a destination seems to reflect the
directly connected consumer count plus the number of brokers which also have
consumers for that destination. Is it correct to assume that when there are
no real (non broker) consumers that this count will drop to zero, i.e. will
the other brokers close their consumers when they have no direct consumers
themselves? I have dynamicOnly=true on the network connector.

I'm asking this since I would want to avoid falsly believing there to be
consumers for a destination when in actual fact there are just a bunch of
brokers consuming from each other.

Cheers,

Joe