activemq-users mailing list archives

From aarvee <rvenkatara...@coremobility.com>
Subject Does Amq Persistence Adapter allow Master Slave Brokers ?
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 21:58:47 GMT

For AMQ5.0.0,  I configured the AMQPersistenceAdapter like this:

    <persistenceAdapter>
        <amqPersistenceAdapter directory="/home/venky/shared/amqstore10" />
    </persistenceAdapter>

However when running a Slave broker with this config, I get the following
exception on Slave broker (see below).

Apparently the locking fails as it should, but should'nt the Slave Broker
wait in a loop to retry the lock (like it does for journalled JDBC) ?

INFO  AMQPersistenceAdapter          - AMQStore starting using directory:
/home/
venky/shared/amqstore10

ERROR BrokerService                  - Failed to start ActiveMQ JMS Message
Brok
er. Reason: java.io.IOException: Control file
'/home/venky/shared/amqstore10/jou
rnal/data-control' could not be locked.
java.io.IOException: Control file
'/home/venky/shared/amqstore10/journal/data-co
ntrol' could not be locked.
        at
org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.async.ControlFile.lock(ControlFile.java
:77)
        at
org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.async.AsyncDataManager.start(AsyncDataM
anager.java:119)
        at
org.apache.activemq.store.amq.AMQPersistenceAdapter.start(AMQPersiste