activemq-users mailing list archives

From EJLeVin1 <ejlev...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: 'Hopefully' Configuration Issue
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2008 00:19:26 GMT

We have been using 5.0 -- but today I tried seeing if the 5.1 SNAPSHOT would
be the fix, but that didn't make any difference.  One thing we were able to
solve -- we got the producer to continue sending messages even if one of the
consuming applications was "paused".  The way we did that was through using
a SimpleDispatchPolicy; HOWEVER, this caused an out-of-memory issue
eventually because it seems that although the messages are getting sent to
the other consumers that are not paused, they are seemingly also getting
queued for the paused consumer.  I am still not quite sure why this would be
(as we are setting the pendingMessageLimitStrategy to 1?  Any thoughts?

Thanks for taking the time to help!