activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions on Network of Brokers and high message rates
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 16:46:05 GMT
On 05/12/2007, ttmdev <joe.fernandez@ttmsolutions.com> wrote:

> Given that Marc's producers will be sending non-persistent messages, wouldn't
> a shared - as opposed to pure - master/slave configuration provide
> redundancy at the broker level and do so w/no extra overhead?

Shared File System & Shared Database only work for persistent
messaging and is pretty slow.

Pure Master Slave adds considerable latency to each message send on a
producer due to waiting for it to be received by a slave.

> My thinking
> was that if the master were to fail, you can its clients failover to the
> slave and thus not burden the other master brokers with the extra message
> load.

Given the high performance requirements and non-persistence of the
messages, just using client side fail-over sounds a more suitable
approach. Otherwise it'll take a huge number of producers to reach
200,000 messages/second.

Unless you can use async sends on the client I guess - given the
non-persistence nature of the messaging?

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration