activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Writing to JMS queues from RPG programs
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2007 00:55:12 GMT
On Dec 27, 2007 5:38 PM, svdv <Sriram.Vaidyanathan@copart.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>    We are looking at using ActiveMQ as a way to have asynchronous delivery
> of data from a AS/400 backend to a front end Java application. There is a
> always IBM's Dataqueues that can be used. But having a JMS based interface
> to communicate between the front end and the back end would provide a better
> architecture. Could someone please shed some light if this is possible with
> ActiveMQ

Take a look at the STOMP protocol:

http://activemq.apache.org/stomp.html

The STOMP protocol is used to implement clients for all the scripting
languages because it's a very text-only protocol. Maybe you could
create a STOMP client for RPG.

Another alternative is to use Java from the AS/400 so that you could
just write an application that makes standard JMS calls to the
ActiveMQ broker.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/