activemq-users mailing list archives

From Marco Buss <marco.b...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Blob Messages ??? does it work ???
Date Sun, 30 Dec 2007 20:53:57 GMT
In general it works, but it is a little bit tricky i think.
First keep in mind that the message only holds the reference to your
blob. It works for you with an URL becaus the publisher must not send
the blob to the so called uploadurl. That url must point to the
fileserver webapp (you can find it on the source-distribution). This
webapp must be able to handle PUT http-Messages. So if you dont like the
fileserver webapp which is made for jetty have a look at the code an
write another one.

You can specify the url like this:
TopicPublisher publisher = new
TopicPublisher("tcp://localhost:61616?jms.blobTransferPolicy.uploadUrl=http://localhost:8161/repository/");

"jms.blobTransferPolicy.uploadUrl=http://localhost:8161/repository/"
tells the publischer to upload all blobs to the url
"http://localhost:8161/repository/".

I hope this helps a little bit. But notice at this point of time, the
broker donĀ“t delets the blob by itself after all consumers have
processed the message. See Bug AMQ-1529: