activemq-users mailing list archives

From Eric Sammer <esam...@cheetahmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to start ActiveMQ
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 16:33:52 GMT
Mani.. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As per the instructions given in "Getting Start with ActiveMQ.."
> I am trying to run ActiveMQ but unfortunately it doesn't start and throws
> exception continuously like..
>
> INFO  NetworkConnector               - Establishing network connection
> between from vm://localhost?network=true to tcp://asdgtdr3:61616
> INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector vm://localhost Started
> INFO  DemandForwardingBridge         - Network connection between
> vm://localhost#0 and tcp://asdgtdr3/146.223.124.157:61616 shutdown due to a
> remote error: javax.jms.InvalidClientIDException: Broker: asdgtdr3 - Client:
> NC_localhost_outboundlocalhost already connected
> INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector vm://localhost Stopped
>
> Can anybody help in this regard.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Mani..

Mani:

I found a similar error (production version of AMQ 4.1.1, sun jdk 1.5,
Debian etch) when I first attempted to set up AMQ in a network of
brokers (store and forward config).

What I found was that if you have two (or more) brokers and both define
the same destinations in activemq.xml, this occurs.

    <destinations>
        <topic physicalName="MyTopic1" />
        <topic physicalName="MyTopic2" />
    </destinations>

What I expected was that I could define the same topics, explicitly, for
all brokers in the network and store and forward would work correctly.
Commenting out the <destinations/> block allowed everything to come up.
The topics were auto-created the first time a message was sent to them.

The error is related to the queues that AMQ uses to bridge between the
brokers, if I remember correctly. When AMQ makes connections between two
brokers, it creates subscriptions for the network connectors (hence the
NC_xxxxx_outboundxxxx).

My impetus for explicitly defining the destinations was that I thought
this was the only way I could lock down privileges to them. I never
found a solution to locking them down in a store and forward network.

Hope that helps. (Has anyone else seen this behavior? Is this normal?)
--
Eric Sammer
System Architect