activemq-users mailing list archives

From Nguyen Kien Trung <trung....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven assembly with spring
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 08:24:21 GMT

> Unfortunately when maven creates the jar file including all
> dependencies it extracts all of the jar files and then re-packages
> them into one. When it does this the
> spring.jar:META-INF/spring-schemas gets overwritten by the
> activemq-core.jar:META-INF/spring-schemas this causes spring to fail
> to locate it's own schema and the spring context fails to initialise
> with an xml parsing error.

AFAIK, default maven assembly doesn't extract dependencies and repackage
them with your classes. So you may want to try that instead of
jar-with-dependencies

What i usually do is to configure maven-dependency-plugin to save all
dependencies to an outputDirctory, let's say "lib". And then configure
assembly.xml to include the "lib" into the output archive. In your case,
I would need to configure the manifest to have classpathPrefix "lib/".