activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Share <jsh...@opera.com>
Subject Maven assembly with spring
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 06:59:08 GMT
Hi,

Quick background, I have a feed crawler implemented as a standalone
spring application that I deploy to the server by using maven 2's
jar-with-dependencies assembly.

I have recently added activemq to this application so that I can
distribute the crawler nodes (previous implementation just used local
thread pools, limiting processing to one machine).

Unfortunately when maven creates the jar file including all dependencies
it extracts all of the jar files and then re-packages them into one.
When it does this the spring.jar:META-INF/spring-schemas gets
overwritten by the activemq-core.jar:META-INF/spring-schemas this causes
spring to fail to locate it's own schema and the spring context fails to
initialise with an xml parsing error.

Has anyone else come across this, or similar issues?

Anyone have any inspiration on how I can resolve this problem?

I'm currently playing with maven's assembly plugin in various
configurations but I've not yet found anything that will give me a
suitable package for deployment on my server including all dependencies.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Jon