activemq-users mailing list archives

From Alan Williamson <a...@blog-city.com>
Subject Memory Leak?
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2007 17:19:14 GMT
All,

We are using ActiveMQ v5, and have found an interesting situation with
our sending process.

We have just confirmed, that if we turn off the sending, then the
process stays up, all day no problems.  If we turn on the broadcasting,
then we get OutOfMemory errors within a few hours.

We sending around 3,000 MapMessage's per hour.   We are sending them to
a temporary topic (one we create on startup, but it is the same name
everytime).

We use the code here to broadcast:
   http://clients.aw20.net/whiteboard/?b=19312

Nothing at all out of the ordinary.  The maps themselves are not at all
huge, just a bunch of small string values.

So, questions

1. Is there any special switches we need to do?  We see the
"optimizeAcknowledge" is defaulted to false already

2. As you can see, we create a Topic/Session on each call, should we not
be doing that and instead reusing the instance?

thank you for any assistance

alan

--
Alan Williamson