activemq-users mailing list archives

From Ana Red <anupam...@yahoo.com>
Subject Active mq deployment
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2007 19:16:47 GMT

We've been looking at how we would deploy active mq in production. We want to
make sure the messages get there, but they can be delayed and they don't
have to arrive in any particular order.

The configuration we are considering is...

1. Embed a broker within tomcat to provide reliability with respect to
sending messages. The messages get forwarded to the receiving broker(s) to
be processed (the messages getting forwarded using 'store and forward
network of brokers' feature). If the receiving broker is down, then they get
stored at the sender.

2. Have a master/slave configuration for the brokers that the receivers are
registered with.  So, the receivers can reside on separate machines from the
senders.

Does that make sense? Anyone doing something similar?
Please share your experience
-Ana