activemq-users mailing list archives

From ttmdev <joe.fernan...@ttmsolutions.com>
Subject Consumer Priority on AMQ 5.0
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 02:21:23 GMT

Here's my set up.

1. I am using the just-released AMQ 5.0 on Windows XP.
2. I have two brokers A and B, which are interconnected via a forwarding
bridge.
3. conduitSubscriptions is set to "false"
4. Connected to each of the brokers, I have a consumer reading off a queue
called Q.TEST.
5. The consumer on broker B is given a different priority than the consumer
on broker A.
6. I start a producer that connects to broker A and sends x number of
messages to Q.TEST.

The producer's message load is being evenly distributed across both
consumers. Shouldn't I be seeing more messages being dispatched to the
consumer with the higher priority?

Thanks,
Joe